Saturday, August 23, 2008

Our Date Day

Jennifer, Ryan and Lexi have gone camping for the weekend. So, Bill wanted to have a "date day". That means a day with "no scrapbooking or card making". He wanted me to himself. It's hard for me to go through a Saturday without doing something creative. So, I got up early, before Bill was up, and was able to make some cards. When he got up, we went to the gym and worked out. Then we went over to the Red Tractor and had a delicious brunch. I had eggs over easy, with home style potatoes, bacon and a biscuit with jelly. It was delicious. Then we went to the movies and saw "Vicky, Cristina Barcelona". The movie had Scarlett Johannson, Penelope Cruz, and Javier Bardem in it. It was filmed in Spain and was very funny. I would definitely recommend it. After the movie we came home and floated in the pool and I read my new Making Memories magazine. While in the pool, I could hear the quail coming into the yard to eat. Here is a picture of them on the fence. I also took a picture of the redwoods growing on the hill above the pool. We put them in 10 years ago and look at how big they have grown. I also love the color of the Japanese Maple growing over the waterfall. Yes, there is a waterfall under it. I should probably trim the bushes back, but I love all the color.

Bill is still in the pool floating around and reading. I just had to drop in and show you the quail. Tonight he is going to BBQ some steaks and then we will probably watch something on tv. I think he will let me craft while watching TV with me. LOL.

1 comment:

Vicki Burns said...

Glad to know you made it through your day without scrapping in the pool! How did the floating go? LOL

style type="text/css">body {background-image:url("http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/debscraft/BackGrounds/SWbllondeteddyBlogBG.jpg"); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; }