Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me

Today, Bill and I took a boat ride on the Potomac to Mt. Vernon. We got to step inside and tour George Washington's mansion. It was beautiful! We were told that he would welcome all visitors and allow them to stay the night if they were clean and sober. Back in those days, I probably would have passed by many times. We had lunch at the Mt. Vernon Inn. It felt so good to get out of the heat and relax with a nice lunch.
I had Rosemary Chicken with Peanut Stuffing. Bill had Fried Chicken. Both were yummy.

For dessert, we shared a bread pudding. It was so good and didn't last long.



I was inside a gift shop keeping cool when Bill asked me to come out and see the gardens. Reluctanly I went out. I am so glad that I did, because there were so many beautiful butterflies. I had so much fun taking pictures that I soon forgot about the heat.






Yesterday was a fun but sad day for me. I left my very favorite camera, the one that I got for my birthday last year and have had so much fun learning on, on the Metro Rail. The train was pulling away when I noticed that I didn't have it. Tears started running down my face when I was told that there was nothing that I could do but fill out a report. I am hoping and praying that a good citizen turned it in. Fortunately, I have my small camera in my purse so that I can still take pictures.

9 comments:

Vicki Burns said...

Oh, no!!!! I know how much you loved that camera! So sorry. :(

Hope you were able to enjoy your birthday despite that.

Love ya!

Sherette* said...

So sorry to hear about the camera ... here's hoping you'll see it again! It was so nice to meet you in DC - we all sure did have a blast, and I'm already looking forward to next year!

Leslie said...

Lori, I am so sorry. What a major bummer. Wouldn't it be a miracle if it turned up? I hope you are enjoying the rest of your visit in DC.

Anonymous said...

Oh Lori! I would die if I lost my camera, so I really, truly, know how you feel. I'm sending out thoughts for a safe return.

Anonymous said...

BTW - that anonymous comment was left by Gwen. I don't know how this works, and I didn't want to confuse you by using my work email. I guess I chose to confuse you by not leaving a name at all. : )
I hope your birthday was a good one despite the (temporary?) loss of your good friend, The Camera.

Kathi Carlson said...

Happy Birthday, Lori! It appears that your day was lovely until you lost your camera. I'm so sorry. Maybe there is a Good Samaritan out there, and you will get it back. Hope so.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Oh Lori, First, I'm sorry about your camera. That's sad.

But I am thankful for the wonderful experience you had and that you captured beautiful photos of the butterflies.

Hope your heart heals quickly.

Jeanne said...

Oh I was really enjoying reading your post and the great photos until you shared that you lost your camera. I'm SO sorry to hear that. I can imagine it was devastating. One can hope that a kind soul turns it in and that it gets back to you. Despite that loss, I truly hope you were able to enjoy the rest of your birthday!

pat said...

Lori...Happy Happy (belated birthday!!) looks like you had lots of fun!!
I hope someone turns in your camera too!! I will keep my fingers crossed...

style type="text/css">body {background-image:url("http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/debscraft/BackGrounds/SWbllondeteddyBlogBG.jpg"); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; }