Thursday, April 30, 2009

Close to My Heart Blog Hop


Welcome to our Close to my Heart Summer 2009 Idea Book Blog Hop! I am so excited to be a part of this. There are over 40 consultants participating.
I had so much fun making this card. I used the new "Animal Cookies" paper and "Treetops" Stamp Set. This card was very easy to make. There was no coloring involved. I stamped the tree twice. Once in Bamboo Ink and then again in Clover Meadow Ink. I then cut out the tree top and attached it to the Bamboo colored tree. I then added red buttons for apples, stamped the sentiment and sponged Heavenly Blue ink for the sky. The card design is from the CTMH Originals Card design book.

Originals Template: Lucky Three
Paper: Animal Crackers
My Acrylix Stamp Set: Tree Tops
Ink Colors:Bamboo, Clover Meadow and Heavenly Blue
Embellishments: Holiday Craft Buttons, Summer Craft Buttons, White Ric-Rack Ribbon

Now "Hop" on over to Amberlyn's Blog. Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their blogs to get some great crafting ideas and see the great new Paper Packs and My Acrylix Stamp Sets! If you just came from Michelle's Blog, then you are heading in the right direction. If not go back to Erin's Blog to start at the beginning.
Remember, the Summer 2009 Idea Book goes LIVE on May 1st!

If you should encounter any problems along the way, there is a list of bloggers below this post that can help you get to the next link.

**********

15 comments:

Crystal said...

oh my LOVE that tree!!! great card!!!

Amy Pitts said...

That is so cute! I love the colors too!

pat said...

Great card Lori!!
I love that tree stamp

Jena said...

SO cute! I HAVE to get that tree set - sadly I haven't ordered any of the new stamp sets - yet - but this one is at the top of my list! Thanks for sharing your fun creation!

Sheila Bennett said...

Love your card!! Will definitely be stamp-lifting. lol

Nalazoo said...

Adding that stamp set to my Wish List...which keeps growing, and growing! Love the card!

Unknown said...

I love this!!!! The trees are so perfect with this paper pack! On my list to create :)

Sparkplug17 said...

I love your card! And how you used the buttons on the tree! Too cute.

Anonymous said...

I abosultely LOVE those trees!!!! I MUST have that set. Your card is sooooo cute!

Samantha said...

Great idea! This is a cute card!

Dawnll said...

Wow Lori this is a really cute card. I love your profile picture.Every time I see your picture I think you look like a teenager

Tazzygirl2000 (AKA Erin) said...

Oh well that is just too creative!!! I love your card and your adorable apple tree!

Thanks for playing in the Blog Hop!!!

Laurel said...

Cute!

CreativeMish said...

What a great idea to add the little red buttons for apples! Very cute!

Janelle Janish said...

This is really great! I love how you layered the tree and used red buttons for apples. Very, very cute.

style type="text/css">body {background-image:url("http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/debscraft/BackGrounds/SWbllondeteddyBlogBG.jpg"); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; }