Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Cupcakes





Lexi and I had a fun morning. When she got up we made these adorable Easter Cupcakes. They were very easy to make. I started with a store bought white cake mix and butter cream frosting. I made the cupcakes following the package directions. When they were cool, I mixed green food coloring into the frosting and spread it on one of the cupcakes. Then I placed a Peep in the middle and candy eggs around the sides. While the frosting was still wet, I sprinkled on green flaked coconut that I had made by stiring in green food coloring. I continued this process with each of the cupcakes. Lexi loved making these, and she can't wait to share them with her cousins tomorrow.

5 comments:

Carla Harrah said...

It looks like you had a lot of FUN! TFS those pics.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Stinking cute! We made easter cupcakes as well, but I didn't even thing about adding the peeps! I will have to do that next year.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Vonney said...

Those cupcakes look good! It looks like your g-daughter had fun making them too!

Agnes Sim said...

cute gal

Vicki Burns said...

YUM! And no points on Easter!

style type="text/css">body {background-image:url("http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/debscraft/BackGrounds/SWbllondeteddyBlogBG.jpg"); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; }