Saturday, May 9, 2009

Meet Jackie My New Downline


Meet Jackie my new downline. Not only is she on my team, but she is my best friend. We reunited 2 years ago after not seeing each other for 30 years!!! When we started Junior High, her family moved to England and we never saw each other again. It was at a Weight Watchers Meeting that she recognized me and we have spent so much time together trying to make up for lost time. Unfortunately it is never enough. She got her new box of Close to My Heart Supplies on Wednesday and I came over today to play with them. On Wednesday night I got a text from her saying "Your boyfriend in the brown uniform came by my house at 8:30 and left me a big box." I replied "Oh, I just love a man in a brown uniform." LOL.
Here are some of the cards that we made.
This is my card. I just love the colors of this card. The paper is Creative Basics "Animal Cookies" and the stamp set is "Your a Hoot".

Here is Jackie's adorable card. She used the stamp set "Treetops".

Here is another fun card that I made using the stamp set "Sweet Baby" and Summer Craft Buttons.

4 comments:

Vicki Burns said...

I am loving your cards~and feeling a bit jealous of Jackie! :)

Samantha said...

Awwww That story just warms my heart! Lovely cards.

Misty Leach said...

lori, i can't believe i didn't know the miraculous circumstances around your re-meeting!! You should be on GMA!! Jackie has obviously been stamping with you for awhile already, she is fabulous, and of course you, as always, go in my "Cards 2 Make" folder!
Happy Mother's Day, Big Hugs, and ya know what i miss you! You goin to convention 2010?
Misty

Sparkplug17 said...

These cards are just darling! I love that owl.

Wow, thats really neat you and Jackie found each other again!

style type="text/css">body {background-image:url("http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/debscraft/BackGrounds/SWbllondeteddyBlogBG.jpg"); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; }