Friday, July 10, 2009

OMG!!!! Look what she did!!!








I layed down on the couch and closed my eyes. It couldn't have been more than 5 minutes. I heard Bill in the bathroom frantically yelling "OMG, OMG. Look at all that hair!!!!" I got up and went in the bathroom and looked in the trash can at all the hair. I thought that she cut off her dolls hair....but it was her own. Bill said that she was under the coffee table laying down. What he didn't see was that she was cutting her hair. She said that she wanted to look like Bella. A little girl at the gym. Lexi's hair was all the way down her back. To her rear end. This is her first hair cut. She did it to herself. We had my hair stylist trim the ends a year ago, but this is the real thing. Her mother is at work and is not too happy. But, she did this to her little brother when she was Lexi's age. I'm not sure what to do. Maybe we should just leave it alone. It is shorter on the sides and longer in the back. I have two nieces coming over tomorrow who cut and style hair. Maybe they can even it out. I am not looking forward to seeing Jennifer's face tonight when she sees all the baby curls gone.

10 comments:

Dawnll said...

She still is cute as a button!!!

de said...

She's so darling! How could you be mad?! Besides, I think we've ALL done it haven't we?! It's like a rite of passage when your child. LOL. Nice thing about hair, it grows back. I can only imagine your astonishment! And she was probably so proud. Sigh. Kids. Gotta love em.

Vicki Burns said...

When I was her age, I cut off my neighbor's hair right to her chin~it had been to her rear! My parents were on a cruise and my grandparents were watching us. My grandpa was ROFL, while the girl's mother cussed me out with her thick Irish brogue. LOL SO see, it could have been worse!

P.S. Glad this happened to you first! LOL

Sparkplug17 said...

I think it's just that age. When I went home for my dad's retirement party, Emily did the same thing! My dad wasn't too happy about it either.

I can't wait to see the after pictures.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

PLEEZE Post the scrapbook page!!!!

Samantha said...

OMG! My DD did this to her bangs at SCHOOL one day with 4 other girls! Her hair is the same, all the way down her back with no bangs. I was pretty upset but now it's kind of funny. they are growing out and she's the one who has to live with it. Believe me she will never do that again. lol. The only difference: Cassidy is 9, so I was shocked to say the least. It will grow back and really, Lexi really is sooo flippin' cute. I agree, can't wait to see the page. Maybe save a snippet for it;)(((hugs)))

Laurel said...

Aw, I think it is cute! My oldest never did that but my youngest did (first time was Christmas Eve)! The second time she did it, she used pinking shears! We then had to get her hair cut short to even it all out. Went in with long blond curls and came out with short dark hair - go figure!

Shaela said...

at least she didn't cut it above her ears!! :) she's still adorable, and hair grows back.

Leslie said...

She is such a darling. No real harm done.

enggirl99 said...

UGH! What did your daughter say whe she saw it?

She's still cute - but OMG, someone has to tell her - find a good stylist first! JK of course...she'll be fine.

It will grow back :-)

style type="text/css">body {background-image:url("http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/debscraft/BackGrounds/SWbllondeteddyBlogBG.jpg"); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; }