Thursday, June 26, 2008

SSBC3 We love Sparkle


I made this card for the Sparkle Challenge over at SCS's from Sparkle's Bridal Shower. The challenge was to make a card using Sparkle. I thought it would be fun to put Sparkle in a shiny new corvette. And, once she was in, I was reminded of the movie "Run Away Bride'. So, I had to take apart one of the many party favors that I have collected over the years to get a piece of Tulle and make her a veil. I hope Sparkle doesn't get mad at me when she see's this card. Other movies that I remember with a Run Away Bride were "The Graduate" and "Smokey and the Bandit". I love the scene from the Graduate were Benjie is up top in the church watching his girlfriend get married and yelling down to her. The whole church get's quiet. That was a great movie.
For this card, I used Cranberry and Desert Sand Cardstock from CTMH, Rhinestones, Stickles, Copic Markers and the Swiss Dot Folder from Cuttlebug. The sentiment is from SU.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just darling!! :) Love the added veil!!

Vicki Burns said...

OMG! THis is adorable! LOVE the veil and the layout! I think Bill is so wrong~YOU are the over-achiever!

Jamie said...

I think it looks great and love that you used a veil on it. :)

Sparkplug17 said...

This is too cute! I would never get mad at you Lori, lol. I love it!

Denise's Designs said...

Lori- I really enjoy your Blog. Love the creativity on the Sparkle challenge.
queenbeeabella

Jenn said...

Oh this is just simply adorable! I love the veil! :D

style type="text/css">body {background-image:url("http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/debscraft/BackGrounds/SWbllondeteddyBlogBG.jpg"); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; }